1904

1951

1960

1962

1977

1995

2012

2019

Lochearnhead Station opened, consisting of 5 1/2 acres of ground and a platform spanning 200 yards long, with the intention for such a large station to serve as a centre for developing the sheep trade in Perthshire. 

The Caledonian Railway closed on 1st October, when truck roads were constructed meaning the railway became less and less used. Lochearnhead Station was left to become derelict. 

September 1960, plans were announced of an exciting new venture. Deputy County Commissioner Melville Balsillie asked for, and was given permission, to negotiate a lease from British Rail of a disused railway station at Lochearnhead in the Highlands of Scotland. 

4th August, Lochearnhead Scout Station in Perthshire opened. Ken Tuffen, a Rover Scout from the Second Cockfosters Scout Group in Barnet, left the home of the County President, Major General Sir George Burns a week earlier and cycled to the Station carrying the County pennant. He arrived breathless and just in time to present it to the Chief Scout, Sir Charles Maclean.

000-000-189-889-R.png

December 25th Lochearnhead Scout Station was purchased from British Rail. They had held a 21 year lease until 1983 and after negotiations agreed a price of £13,000 providing it was paid by Christmas Day. Led by John and May Bennett an appeal was launched. The money raised sufficient funds including a grant of £9,000 from Hertfordshire County Council and the Department of Education and Science.

Easter 1995, Garth Morrison the Chief Scout for Scotland and John Bennett then Hertfordshire Scouts County Commissioner, opened the new facilities at the station. Nearly £200,000 had been raised to provide a new toilet and shower block and new sleeping accommodation for 48 young people and 36 leaders.

50th Year Celebrations were held at the station, Clive Rule (an ex Watford Scout) took a similar route to that of Ken Tuffen in 1962 and cycled to Lochearnhead. He was welcomed by Alan Rand (Chairman of the Management Committee) they then raised the County Pennant to start proceedings.

Maurice Baker the Station Master at the time, was presented with his Silver Wolf by Paul Brenham.

4th December, Lochearnhead Scout Station received the National Railway Heritage Award for the restoration of the Station Canopy.